Forum: Ruby on Rails re-initializing a controller or a model in production mode

Mukund (Guest)
How do I re-initialize a controller / model in production mode so that
it reloads?
MaD (Guest)
@instance.reload
is available for every ActiveRecord-Object.

or you can use
  reload!
to reload everything.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 19 Mar 2009, at 12:03, MaD wrote:

>  @instance.reload
> is available for every ActiveRecord-Object.
>
> or you can use
>  reload!
> to reload everything.

IIRC reload! is only defined in a console session

Fred
MaD (Guest)
> IIRC reload! is only defined in a console session

that may be right. i never really used it anywhere else than in
console.
Mukund (Guest)
The issue I have is with active_scaffold setting itself up when the
controller loads in production mode.   While I can use
active_scaffold_config to change options, it would be easy to wipe the
slate clean and reload the controller for a particular scenario.  The
alternative is to reload the application server which is an overkill.