Forum: Ruby force gem to use a given version of library

Edouard D. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 10:32
hi,

i have to install a gem and force it to use a given version of two
installed library, (removing the older will trash my system)

how can i tell gem to use the version i want?

thanks
Rob B. (Guest)
On Mar 19, 2009, at 4:30 AM, Edouard D. wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have to install a gem and force it to use a given version of two
> installed library, (removing the older will trash my system)
>
> how can i tell gem to use the version i want?
>
> thanks
> --

require 'rubygems'
gem 'htmlentities', '=4.0.0'
gem 'builder', '~> 2.0'

See http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/4
and http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/16

Except any time you read "require_gem" just mentally change that to
"gem"

-Rob

Rob B.    http://agileconsultingllc.com
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Eric H. (Guest)
On Mar 19, 2009, at 05:55, Rob B. wrote:

> See http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/4
> and http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/16
>
> Except any time you read "require_gem" just mentally change that to
> "gem"

I just updated those chapters to remove require_gem.  Let me know if
you find others.