Forum: Ruby on Rails uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError) with rails 2.3

mixandgo (Guest)
Hi guys,

  I've just installed Rails 2.3 and I am using the clearance plugin
with cucumber features. When I run rake features I get this
"uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)"
error from webrat trying to call AbstractRequest which now is called
Request (I think). My question is : Is there any way to alias the old
name to have backwards compatibility with plugins using it ?

Thanks,
Cezar
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 18, 12:03 pm, mixandgo <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>   I've just installed Rails 2.3 and I am using the clearance plugin
> with cucumber features. When I run rake features I get this
> "uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)"
> error from webrat trying to call AbstractRequest which now is called
> Request (I think). My question is : Is there any way to alias the old
> name to have backwards compatibility with plugins using it ?

Well you can certain set ActionController::AbstractRequest to be
whatever you want. There is no guarantee this will help you though, as
this part of rails has undergone substantial changes in Rails 2.3 - if
the plugin is trying to override some methods for example those
methods may no longer exist at all.

Fred