Forum: Rails deployment Gem install paypal library on linux server problem..

Arun K. (Guest)

I'm struggling to install the paypal library via "gem install
-source dist.leetsoft.com" on linux server. I paste the error-msg
including my used parameters
below this post.

I searched a lot to find more info about this issue, but the only
related post (http://www.ruby-forum.com) still don't solve
it.

I got the following error...

# root #$ gem install paypal -source dist.leetsoft.com
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
    uri is not an HTTP URI

Did somebody run into the same problems and how does she/he solve it?
Any help/hint/tip is appreciated.

Rejoice
Arun
Arun K. (Guest)
on 2009-03-17 21:17
Arun K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling to install the paypal library via "gem install
> -source dist.leetsoft.com" on linux server. I paste the error-msg
> including my used parameters
> below this post.
>
> I searched a lot to find more info about this issue, but the only
> related post (http://www.ruby-forum.com) still don't solve
> it.
>
> I got the following error...
>
> # root #$ gem install paypal -source dist.leetsoft.com
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
>     uri is not an HTTP URI
>
> Did somebody run into the same problems and how does she/he solve it?
> Any help/hint/tip is appreciated.
>
> Rejoice
> Arun

Hi friends,

Finally i solved this problem by providing the command like "gem install
--source http://dist.leetsoft.com paypal".

Now i installed the plugin...

But now i encounter by an another problem in deployment..
When i enter the cmd cap deploy:update, it won't work in my Linux server
and shows the following Error

#### capistrano]$ cap deploy:update
  * executing `deploy:update'
 ** transaction: start
  * executing `deploy:update_code'
  * executing "svn checkout -q  -r22
svn://svn.mysite.jp/sitefolder/trunk
/hearjapan/rails/releases/20090317184243 && (echo 22 >
/sitefolder/rails/releases/20090317184243/REVISION)"
*** [deploy:update_code] rolling back
  * executing "rm -rf /sitefolder/rails/releases/20090317184243; true"
 ** [deploy:update_code] exception while rolling back:
Capistrano::NoMatchingServersError, `deploy:update_code' is only run for
servers matching {:except=>{:no_release=>true}}, but no servers matched