Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem during creating an app in facebook.

Tushar G. (Guest)
  I am using rails 2.2. I am trying to develop an application in
facebook.
I installed gem rfacebook (0.9.8) and also I installed plugin
"rfacebook" by using "ruby script/plugin install
http://rfacebook.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/rfacebook...
command.
   I added a line "before_filter :require_facebook_login" in
application.rb.
 Whenever I am hitting my application URL
"http://localhost:3000/socialrecipetushar" it is asking me for login to
face book. After I am entering my valid facebook id and password it is
going in infinite loop. I checked the log and it is giving an error like
this

"Processing RecipesController#index (for 127.0.0.1 at 2009-03-18
07:10:28) [GET]
  SQL (0.0ms)   SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL=0
** RFACEBOOK INFO: Redirecting to login for external app
** RFACEBOOK INFO: iframe redirect to
http://www.facebook.com/login.php?v=1.0&api_key=b0...
Filter chain halted as [:require_facebook_login] rendered_or_redirected.
Completed in 0ms (View: 0, DB: 0) | 200 OK
[http://localhost/socialrecipetushar/recipes]"

It seems to be it is not able to take session. I am not able to tackle
the problem Can anybody give me solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Tushar
Tushar G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-17 15:57
Tushar G. wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using rails 2.2. I am trying to develop an application in
> facebook.
> I installed gem rfacebook (0.9.8) and also I installed plugin
> "rfacebook" by using "ruby script/plugin install
> http://rfacebook.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/rfacebook...
> command.
>    I added a line "before_filter :require_facebook_login" in
> application.rb.
>  Whenever I am hitting my application URL
> "http://localhost:3000/socialrecipetushar" it is asking me for login to
> face book. After I am entering my valid facebook id and password it is
> going in infinite loop. I checked the log and it is giving an error like
> this
>
> "Processing RecipesController#index (for 127.0.0.1 at 2009-03-18
> 07:10:28) [GET]
>   SQL (0.0ms)   SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL=0
> ** RFACEBOOK INFO: Redirecting to login for external app
> ** RFACEBOOK INFO: iframe redirect to
> http://www.facebook.com/login.php?v=1.0&api_key=b0...
> Filter chain halted as [:require_facebook_login] rendered_or_redirected.
> Completed in 0ms (View: 0, DB: 0) | 200 OK
> [http://localhost/socialrecipetushar/recipes]"
>
> It seems to be it is not able to take session. I am not able to tackle
> the problem Can anybody give me solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Tushar
 Alos I tried the example from this URL
"http://www.liverail.net/articles/2007/6/29/tutoria...
but whenever I add "require "facebook_rails_controller_extensions" " in
the environment.rb, I am getting an error during starting server itself.
Error is "no such file to load -- facebook_rails_controller_extensions
(MissingSourceFile)"

Thanks,
Tushar