Forum: Ruby on Rails about rss read error---no address associated with hostname

daociyiyou (Guest)
I use the rss/2.0 or simple-rss gems to locally access the feed
url-----http://sports.espn.go.com  /espn/rss/news.The code is like
following:
  ####################
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'simple-rss'
    require 'open-uri'

    rss = SimpleRSS.parse open('http://sports.espn.go.com  /espn/rss/
news')
    puts("---Channel---#{rss.channel.title}")
################

But when i run the code locally,it appear an error:

################
no address associated with hostname
Hi,  Refer to this post!
http://sumanthtechsavvy.blogspot.com/2008/08/ror-c...
and you can download the pdf for reference :)

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:54 AM, daociyiyou
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> news')
>

> I have tried other rss feed url offered on site
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=rssinfo,but the same
> error still happens.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumanth Krishna. A
+358 40 3276564

Blogs:
                        TwinclingCommunity:

http://sumanthtechsavvy.blogspot.com/
         http://www.twincling.org/node/227

http://yourway2health.blogspot.com/
           http://www.osef.twincling.org
daociyiyou (Guest)
thank you! Perhaps i should require all the rss related library.But is
it because i run the app locally instead of on the server?
daociyiyou (Guest)
I still get the following error:
 SocketError in My rssController#index
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
I have shut down the fire wall when running the app locally.
can you help me?