Forum: Ruby on Rails Routers and dot in string parameter.

Fresh M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 20:01
map.page ':sex/:word', :controller => 'say',
  :requirements => { : sex =>/girl|boy/ }

So this works fine:

http://mypage.com/say/boy/hello

also this:

http://mypage.com/say/girl/hello%20world

but this:

http://mypage.com/say/girl/hello.world

returns: Error 404 The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

How can I fix this?
Philip H. (Guest)
> http://mypage.com/say/girl/hello%20world
>
> but this:
>
> http://mypage.com/say/girl/hello.world
>
> returns: Error 404 The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
>
> How can I fix this?

I had a route like this once where :code was a series of numbers and
periods.  The below made it work.

     r.foo_detail '/foo/:code/:title/detail',
                         :action => 'detail',
                         :requirements => { :code => %r([\d.]+) }