Forum: RSpec Rails 2.3.2 and Cucumber 0.1.16

James B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 18:16
I am encountering a problem relating to cucumber and Rails 2.3.2 which
has something to do with Rails 2.3.2 but I am unable, as of yet, to
determine exactly what is the cause.

Situation: environment.rb RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.2'

$ cucumber -r features \
    features/components/authentication/authentication.feature
      Page load was not successful (Code: 500):
      <title>Action Controller: Exception caught</title>
      <Missing template ../../public/hll_terms_and_conditions.html
         in view path app/views</code></pre>

      Extracted source (around line #18:
      15:               :id =>; 'link_new_user_session'
      16:   -%>
      17:   <br/>
      18:   <%= render :file =>
'../../public/hll_terms_and_conditions.html' ->
      19:
      20: <% else ->
      21:

3 scenarios
3 steps passed
3 steps failed
10 steps skipped

Situation: environment.rb RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2'

$ cucumber -r features \
    features/components/authentication/authentication.feature
3 scenarios
16 steps passed

Now, when I start the script/server and go to the project root then I
get no errors from either R2.2.2 or R2.3.2.  I am guessing that
something in R2.3.2 is changing the pwd from RAILS_ROOT for the feature
steps/tests only, since the file specified in the render statement does
exist (and is correctly displayed by an actual running application).
But, that is only a guess.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 18:28
James B. wrote:

> Now, when I start the script/server and go to the project root then I
> get no errors from either R2.2.2 or R2.3.2.  I am guessing that
> something in R2.3.2 is changing the pwd from RAILS_ROOT for the feature
> steps/tests only, since the file specified in the render statement does
> exist (and is correctly displayed by an actual running application).
> But, that is only a guess.

And a wrong one.  In both versions RAILS_ROOT is nil and pwd is the
application root directory.  So, it must be something else.
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 21:32
It is starting to look like this is a webrat problem.