Forum: Ruby Help to install ROR with MS-SQL

Sankar K. (Guest)

I have already installed ROR with sqlite & mysql .
& now i need to have ROR with MSSQL.
Here is my existing ROR details ,
actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2)
activerecord (2.2.2)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2)
columnize (0.3.0)
linecache (0.43)
mysql (2.7)
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.3)
ruby-debug (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4)

Can you please somebody help me to install ror with MS-SQL ?

Thanks,
Sankar.
Damjan R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-17 09:23
Sankar K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already installed ROR with sqlite & mysql .
> & now i need to have ROR with MSSQL.

You need to install odbc support on linux. This is my short rundown on
Ubuntu.

- install dbi and ruby odbc (synaptic)
- install unixodbc apt get install unix-odbc
- install freeTDS driver (synaptic)
- configuration files are in /etc/odbc.ini  /etc/odbcinst.ini

You will also need ar support for mssql:
gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter
--source=http://gems.rubyonrails.org

by
TheR