Forum: Ruby Need basic help

Raveendran .. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 11:43
Hi All,

word="busae"

need:

i want to get all possible words with above 5 letters.

Ex:
busae
bsaue
bueas

.
.
.
.
.
Etc..

any help

Regards,
P.Raveendran
http://raveendran.wordpress.com
Martin DeMello (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM, jazzez ravi
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> word="busae"
>
> need:
>
> i want to get all possible words with above 5 letters.

The common terms for this are "permutations" and "anagrams". Googling
for "ruby permutations" gets a bunch of useful hits.

martin
Raveendran .. (Guest)
on 2009-03-16 12:11
Martin DeMello wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM, jazzez ravi <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> word="busae"
>>
>> need:
>>
>> i want to get all possible words with above 5 letters.
>
> The common terms for this are "permutations" and "anagrams". Googling
> for "ruby permutations" gets a bunch of useful hits.
>
> martin

Thank You deMello