Forum: Ruby rAtom and Atom::Generation

sutch (Guest)
I'm attempting to produce an atom feed using rAtom and have run into
one issue with Atom::Generator.  The docs are not real clear.  I have
created a new generator using:

  feed.generator = Atom::Generator.new({:version => "0.1"})

This produces:

  <generator version="0.1"/>

There does not seem to be a method for setting the contents of the
generator.  What I want output is something along the lines of:

  <generator version="0.1">My Generator</generator>

Anyone know how this might be accomplished?
Dennis S. (Guest)
The documentation for Atom::Generator is available at
http://ratom.rubyforge.org/classes/Atom/Generator.html
Mark T. (Guest)
On Mar 15, 4:42 pm, sutch <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> There does not seem to be a method for setting the contents of the
> generator.  What I want output is something along the lines of:
>
>   <generator version="0.1">My Generator</generator>
>
> Anyone know how this might be accomplished?

See the README file for rAtom (http://ratom.rubyforge.org)

You use a construct like:

  feed = Atom::Feed.new do |f|
    ..
  end
  puts feed.to_xml

I don't think you use Atom::Generator directly.

-- Mark.
Tyler A. (Guest)
on 2010-09-01 17:57
I had this same problem.  After some playing around (since the rAtom
documentation wasn't too helpful here), I was able to get it by doing
the following:

f.generator = Atom::Generator.new(:version => '1.0') do |s|
  s.name = "My Generator"
end

I doubt you still need the help, but maybe this will help someone else!