Forum: RSpec Ruby - LiquidTest- Documentation

Ashley M. (Guest)
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone here has seen and/or used LiquidTest[1]?  I
notice they have Cucumber integration too.

Has/would anyone pay for this?  (It's out of the question for me, as
there's no Mac support.)

Cheers
Ashley

[1]
http://www.jadeliquid.com/liquidtest/docs/doku.php...
[2]
http://www.jadeliquid.com/liquidtest/docs/doku.php...

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran
On 14 Mar 2009, at 21:26, Ashley M. wrote:

> [1] http://www.jadeliquid.com/liquidtest/docs/doku.php...
> [2]
http://www.jadeliquid.com/liquidtest/docs/doku.php...

Presumably what you're paying for is all the record / playback rubbish
that allows the unqualified to produce brittle test suites.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself.

Still, I'm happy to hear they're supporting Cucumber.

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Ashley M. (Guest)
On 14 Mar 2009, at 21:51, Matt W. wrote:

> Presumably what you're paying for is all the record / playback
> rubbish that allows the unqualified to produce brittle test suites.
>
> Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself.

Well that was my initial reaction!  Although it does have distributed,
headless test runs.  But don't see how this could be used with
Cucumber.  Can't see anything it offers that you can't achieve with
free tools!

Presumably their main market is waterfall companies that think they
can reduce costs by reducing "tester" salaries.  Just a guess though...

Ashley