Forum: Ruby aquiring repo with svn

john maclean (Guest)
git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/ruby_1_9_1

Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
ruby-version.tar.gz. :-(

--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
lasitha (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM, john maclean
> git svn clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/ruby_1_9_1
>
> Pulling approx 400Mb! Is there any way I can pull a smaller amount of
> data?

http://tinyurl.com/ajlkjp

solidarity,
lasitha.
john maclean (Guest)
2009/3/13 lasitha <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

git svn  clone http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/trunk ruby
--revision 22900:22936

--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
Juan Z. (Guest)
What's checked in that makes it so fat?
john maclean (Guest)
2009/3/13 Juan Z. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>> --
>> John M.
>> 07739 171 531
>> MSc (DIC)
>>
>> Timezone: GMT

pwd
/home/jayeola/proj/build/ruby/trunk
 du -sch .
79M     .
79M     total

I'm happy with that!
--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
Juan Z. (Guest)
On 13 mars 09, at 12:19, john maclean wrote:

>>> data? I normally log in via ftp and hunt for the latest
>>
> --
> John M.
> 07739 171 531
> MSc (DIC)
>
> Timezone: GMT

That isn't the whole repository though.   Perhaps something really
big was checked in and then removed.