Forum: RSpec profile format to give overall time...?

Steven S. (Guest)
Hi all,

How can I get cucumber to tell me how long my entire feature set has
taken to run?

(In the same way that RSpec does, for example)

I have taken a look at the profile formatter, which is very cool and
useful but doesn't give the overall time for the feature 'suite'.

I know that (on *nix) I can use the 'time' command, but it would be
cool to have something within cucumber itself.

Thanks a lot,
Steven
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM, steven shingler
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I get cucumber to tell me how long my entire feature set has
> taken to run?

By submitting a feature request :-)

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/get-in-touch

Aslak
Joseph W. (Guest)
steven shingler wrote:

You are quite right, the profile formatter should also give you an
overall execution time.

Would you mind raising a ticket in lighthouse for this please?

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

It would also be useful I think to show the execution time in the pretty
formatter in the same way that Rspec does.

Thanks

--
Joseph W.
http://blog.josephwilk.net

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM, aslak hellesoy
Steven S. (Guest)
Have jotted a ticket here:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tick...

Please edit accordingly :)
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-13 16:12
Steven S. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I get cucumber to tell me how long my entire feature set has
> taken to run?

$ time rake features

29 scenarios
165 steps passed
4 steps failed
10 steps skipped
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [/usr/bin/ruby -I
"/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8...]

real    3m9.355s
user    2m30.589s
sys     0m37.730s
Steven S. (Guest)
Hi James,

Yep, I mentioned the time command in my original post, I'm looking for
a within-cucumber option. :)

Thanks,

Steven