Forum: NGINX Nginx forum open

Jim O. (Guest)
Hello,

Thank you Igor for giving us use of the domain name.

The location of the forum is http://forum.nginx.org. It's a work in
progress
but let's use it. There's a location for suggestions there so post away
if
you have them.

If there is a desire for other languages I can set that up too.

Jim
Shri @ DevLib.Org (Guest)
Jim / Igor,

Happy to help .. we have some large VB forums on Nginx and have a fair
bit of experience in admin / spam / SEO issues with them.

Would strongly recommend the NNTP modules for VB, Mobile Style (for many
of us who browse on their phones..).

Drop me a note on removed_email_address@domain.invalid if you need help.

Will register / post suggestions over the weekend.

Shri

  Thank you Igor for giving us use of the domain name.

  The location of the forum is http://forum.nginx.org. It's a work in
progress but let's use it. There's a location for suggestions there so
post away if you have them.

  If there is a desire for other languages I can set that up too.

  Jim
Jim O. (Guest)
Shri,

The NNTP module hasn't been updated or supported in quite some time so
not
going to try to port it to 3.8.1.

Can you point me to a mobile style? I would offer it as an option.

Jim

Igor,

Is there any way to syndicate mailing list posts as RSS? Those I can
import.

Jim

Thank you Igor for giving us use of the domain name.

The location of the forum is http://forum.nginx.org. It's a work in
progress
but let's use it. There's a location for suggestions there so post away
if
you have them.

If there is a desire for other languages I can set that up too.

Jim
Merlin (Guest)
Is there any way to syndicate mailing list posts as RSS? Those I can
import.

Jim
If Igor simply doesnt have time to make something centrally with the
list
backend but can specify how its stored, I would be willing to write some
script or other to parse it and output the necessary RSS for importing
everything (except for subscribe, unsubscribe, etc).

Alternatively, for external solutions, I might have some time to build a
scraper that pulls from MARC.info or something and builds an RSS feed
for
you to import out of the old threads.  For current stuff, we'd probably
want
something posting (on the backend) that is subscribed to the list
directly
and reading its mbox.

Of course that's for the simple case of just dumping them to a single
subforum.  Are we going to try to do complete replication?  I mean post
all
forum posts to the list and then therefore maintain replies between
them, or
just a one-to-one subforum?  I am for the one-to-one mapping based on a
love
for simple machines, and that it's easy to decouple the forum and
mailing
list if necessary.

Any of these rediculous meanderings making sense?

- Merlin
Jim O. (Guest)
I'm all for the KISS (keep it simple stupid) approach and that's why I
created only a few forums/subforums.  But I would like to try to keep
the
format such that threads are threads wherever they are posted. At this
point
I am only using a gmail address and haven't even set up mail at the
domain.
I assume that would require Igor to point a mail entry to the server, or
setting it up on a separate domain.

As for the archives, I can make one forum for them. So anything posted
before whatever date goes in there.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Jim O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>