Forum: Ruby Poll: what documentation method do you use?

john maclean (Guest)
* ri
* source code
* rbbr
* the net/google
* irc and ask
* malining list and ask
* none of the above

--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
Michael M. (Guest)
john maclean wrote:
> * ri
> * source code
> * rbbr
> * the net/google
> * irc and ask
> * malining list and ask
> * none of the above

* "The ruby sidebar" - which I guess falls under the net.
* ri
* google
* more experienced co-worker

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.
john maclean wrote:

> * malining list and ask

maligning the list? How could we?? (-:

> * none of the above

I wrote a QnD documenter called "ripdoc", based on Ruby1.9 Ripper. That
means it
uses Ruby's own parse tree to lex Ruby. Then I traverse this tree and
emit HTML
with CSS tags.

Then, I documents the test cases. I move the exemplary ones to the top,
put them
into thematic order like an outline, and write comments all over them.

This page contains the result:

   http://assert2.rubyforge.org/
Todd B. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM, john maclean
> * source code
rarely

> * rbbr
> * the net/google
almost solely the rdoc available on ruby-doc, rarely google

> * irc and ask
> * malining list and ask
though uncategorized for me, I use the list for learning

irb is your friend and after much experimentation is almost
documentation :-)

Todd
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2009-03-29 01:10
I used for a long time ruby-doc.org, but now that I discovered that irb
can be tweaked with format=ansi --no-pager --interactive, I'll be using
it more often.

If I have no idea where to look my method for, I sometimes use
railsbrain.com or this mailing-list.