Forum: Ruby on Rails Is there a way to have link_to_remote execute two actions?

David F. (Guest)
I'd like users to click on a link with modifies the current page and
opens a new external url in a new window.  I've got the link_to_remote
working fine and the current page is updated.  But how to I open a url
in a new window?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 12, 8:41 pm, DPF <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'd like users to click on a link with modifies the current page and
> opens a new external url in a new window.  I've got the link_to_remote
> working fine and the current page is updated.  But how to I open a url
> in a new window?

in a nutshell this is what rjs / rendering javascript is for.

Fred