Forum: GNU Radio libcomedi 0.7.22.2-2 not working in Ibex (Ubuntu 8.10)

pratincola (Guest)
Hi, I am just getting started in GNU Radio, and I was having some
trouble
getting libcomedi 0.7.22.2-2 to work in Ibex.

the libcomedi-0.7.22 is packaged for hardy, which is replaced by
libcomedi0
in intrepid ibex.

The deb files for GNURadio 3.1.3 we're written for hardy, they haven't
been
updated to work with intrepid Ibex.
I know the  3.1.4 release will work this out, but is there a work around
fix it in Intepid Ibex?

Thanks In advance,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM, pratincola
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi, I am just getting started in GNU Radio, and I was having some trouble
> getting libcomedi 0.7.22.2-2 to work in Ibex.
>
> the libcomedi-0.7.22 is packaged for hardy, which is replaced by libcomedi0
> in intrepid ibex.
>
> The deb files for GNURadio 3.1.3 we're written for hardy, they haven't been
> updated to work with intrepid Ibex.
> I know the  3.1.4 release will work this out, but is there a work around to
> fix it in Intepid Ibex?

The GNU Radio wrapper around libcomedi is not compatible with
libcomedi 0.8, so you will not be able to install that component from
the deb files.

Johnathan