Forum: GNU Radio OpenBTS issue/help needed

Gohar (Guest)
I have installed  the OpenBTS by following the instructions on the page
below:

http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/OpenBTS/BuildingAndRunning

Apparently there were no errors in all the process (ie: ./bootstrap,
./configure, make, make install)
But i can only see Asterisk folder in /usr/local/share/OpenBTS.
I want to run the tests like "loopbackTest.cpp" and "BeaconTest.cpp"
etc.

How to compile and run these tests? Which commands should i execute in
terminal to run these .cpp files?
I am on Ubuntu 8.10 with the latest trunk of GnuRadio.

Best regards
Gohar Anwar
davek (Guest)
the following excutables are in the openbts folder you svn'ed after
you do a make. they are not copied to the dist with make install, not
sure why, but they work...
openbts/apps/OpenBTS800
openbts/apps/OpenBTS900
openbts/Transciever/transciever
gohar anwar (Guest)
Thanks for your reply Davek,
In openbts/tests its written in README.test that

"Tests that can be built and run.

L1 Software Loopback (no USRP)

This test exercises L1 components for bidirectional channels.  It uses
two executables: TRXManager/LoopbackTest and
TRXManager/TRXSimulator.....

also

Beacon test
This test uses the tests/BeaconTest and the Transceiver/runTransceiver
binaries...."
There are only .cpp files with these names.
How to build these binaries/executables?
Make command does not perform this task.

Thanks
Gohar Anwar

________________________________
From: davek <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
the following excutables are in the openbts folder you svn'ed after
you do a make. they are not copied to the dist with make install, not
sure why, but they work...
openbts/apps/OpenBTS800
openbts/apps/OpenBTS900
openbts/Transciever/transciever
Gert-lambert E. (Guest)
on 2010-01-18 19:09
Hi Gohar

I am having a similar problem - the new versions of openbts does not
even have the tests directory...
Did you have any luck running the tests and if possible can anyone tell
me where to get these tests (tests directory - download)

Thanks
Gert-Lambert