Forum: RSpec Run rake spec with a halt-on-errors mode?

Anton (Guest)
Hello everybody!

I am using rspec for quite a time now, and it is really a great tool!

The only thing that I haven't figured out is how to set the spec
runner to a halt-on-error mode. For example a lot of browser tests
depend on Google maps and if I have no internet connection none of
them makes sense. Some other errors are unwanted test dependencies -
and I don't want to analyze hundrets of test or run them manually just
to check what is wrong.

So it would be great if I could tell the spec runner to stop on the
first error in such cases. Would be a big time saver for me if someone
could give me a hint...

Thank you very much in advance,

Anton
Zach D. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Anton
> Hello everybody!
>
> I am using rspec for quite a time now, and it is really a great tool!
>
> The only thing that I haven't figured out is how to set the spec
> runner to a halt-on-error mode. For example a lot of browser tests
> depend on Google maps and if I have no internet connection none of
> them makes sense. Some other errors are unwanted test dependencies -
> and I don't want to analyze hundrets of test or run them manually just
> to check what is wrong.

Why not filter these specs that go to Google Maps, so you have to run
them explicitly, or only when your CI server runs?

We usually have a few specs and scenarios that test real-world
integration, and then we stub out the external dependencies in our
object-level specs. And we've added a couple rake tasks to run all of
them, just one, or just the other, and then a CI rake task that runs
all of them.

> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Zach D.
http://www.continuousthinking.com