Forum: GNU Radio Re: Re: USRP2 questions

Kyle Jamieson (Guest)
> also needed. This would normally be a 1 PPS signal generated by the
> same
> reference. It will need to go through some sort of active splitter and

Matt,

If the 1 pps signal were a square wave, pulse width 200 ms, with an
accuracy of +-130 ns with respect to UTC, would that work with the
current firmware installed in the U2?

Also, might an coax F-type active splitter (prob. intended for TV)
work?  Or is there an active splitter you can suggest that would work
for sure?

Thanks,
Kyle
Matt E. (Guest)
Kyle Jamieson wrote:
> Matt,
>
> If the 1 pps signal were a square wave, pulse width 200 ms, with an
> accuracy of +-130 ns with respect to UTC, would that work with the
> current firmware installed in the U2?

Yes.

> Also, might an coax F-type active splitter (prob. intended for TV)
> work?  Or is there an active splitter you can suggest that would work
> for sure?

You can use a splitter on the 10 MHz reference, but I wouldn't suggest
using one on the PPS, since that is a digital signal that needs to be
more than the threshold voltage.  A BNC Tee would probably work better.

Matt