Forum: Ruby on Rails not logged in in subdomain?

Phil S. (Guest)
For some reason my users get logged out when they switch to a
subdomain.
I have this in my environment:

    config.action_controller.session = {
      :session_key => '_app_session',
      :session_domain => 'mydomain.com',
      :secret      => 'xxxx'
    }

Which I thought would cover that...

help!
Starr H. (Guest)
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
phil <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> For some reason my users get logged out when they switch to a
> subdomain.

You need to specify a wildcard domain for your auth cookie. The default
is to use the entire domain.

Here's a blog post explaining how:

http://szeryf.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/cookie-hand...

SH

--
Starr H.
My blog: http://starrhorne.com

we have:

  if RAILS_ENV == 'production'
    config.action_controller.session = {
      :session_key => '_site_session',
      :session_domain => '.site.com',
      :secret      => 'xxxxx'
    }
  else
    config.action_controller.session = {
      :session_key => '_site_session',
      :session_domain => '.site.local',
      :secret      => 'xxxxx'
    }
  end

and when users switch between sub domains or between no subdomain (we
don't use www... maybe that is the problem?) and a subdomain they need
to log in again.
Phil S. (Guest)
Like I say, we are having no luck with this.
I am going to post a job on oDesk to hire someone to fix it... unless
anyone wants to apply directly to me.