Forum: Ruby on Rails How to read a charecters from and image?

m. j. (Guest)
on 2009-03-12 12:11
hi,

       How to read a letters in one image. I want to read the alphabets
from that given image.

Please help me to solve this issue...
senthil raja (Guest)
Hi
I think you want to read captcha image
If thats your requirement

you have a plugin for captcha integration

From your application root, you can run:

ruby script\plugin install svn://
rubyforge.org/var/svn/expressica/plugins/simple_captcha

*In Your Code:*

To show a captcha in your view, just use the following tag:

<%= show_simple_captcha %>

 In your controller to validate:

if simple_captcha_valid?
end

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM, rails and rails only <
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2009-03-12 13:11
senthil raja wrote:
> Hi
> I think you want to read captcha image
> If thats your requirement

I think he actually wants to crack a captcha, by reading the letters
inside the given image.
cobranet (Guest)
There is GNU OCR project  ... you can make ruby binding...

On Mar 12, 12:11 pm, Fernando P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>