Forum: Ruby net-ping and ruby on one-click-install

Peña, Botp (Guest)
Hi, just in case someone has a solution for this,

i just installed oneclickinstall(ruby186rc2) in windows, then installed
net-ping. all fine, until i run a simple script that uses net-ping and i
got the ff:

-------------------------->8
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ping-1.2.3-x86-mswin32-60/lib/net/ping/icmp.rb:65:
[BUG] rb_sys_fail(socket(2)) - errno == 0
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11) [i386-mswin32]

way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
-------------------------->8

if i remove net-ping, the error does not occur, so it's sure a net-ping
problem (w oneclickinstaller maybe)

thanks for the help

kind regards -botp
Heesob P. (Guest)

2009/3/12 Peña, Botp <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> if i remove net-ping, the error does not occur, so it's sure a net-ping problem (w
oneclickinstaller maybe)

> thanks for the help

This bug was reported and fixed.
Refer to http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/714

But unfortunately, there are no bug fixed release of 1.8.6 or 1.8.7.

The workaround is using Ruby 1.9.1 or building your own ruby from the
patched source code.

Regards,

Park H.
botp (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Heesob P.
> This bug was reported and fixed.
> Refer to http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/714

you fixed it. thanks.

> But unfortunately, there are no bug fixed release of 1.8.6 or 1.8.7.

arggh, that is unfortunate indeed.  A bug is a bug and must be fixed.
 Couldn't the oneclickinstaller incorporate your fixed?

> The workaround is using Ruby 1.9.1 or building your own ruby from the patched source
code.

another reason to use 1.9.
maybe i'll have to abandon 1.8 completely now.

thanks and kind regards
-botp