Forum: Ruby on Rails updating git-installed plugin

Zac Z. (Guest)
on 2009-03-11 18:19
Hi guys,

I have installed a git-hosted plugin with script/plugin. This plugin's
repository has been updated, and I want my local version to have these
updates.

'script/plugin update plugin_name' did not fetch any updates.

Can anyone please advise?

Thank
Zac
Craig D. (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Zac Z. <

> Hi guys,
>
> I have installed a git-hosted plugin with script/plugin. This plugin's
> repository has been updated, and I want my local version to have these
> updates.
>
> 'script/plugin update plugin_name' did not fetch any updates.
>
> Can anyone please advise?

I do

script/plugin install --force <git-repo-url>

Craig

--
Craig D.
Mutually Human Software

> I do
>
> script/plugin install --force <git-repo-url>

Thanks for the reply Craig.

From reading the command name 'script/plugin update', it sounded like it
would update plugins! ah well.