Forum: Ruby on Rails view and css - two floats in div arent level

Adam A. (Guest)
on 2009-03-11 15:48
Im new to rails and html and css. Ive read through tutorials but cant
get this to work.

I have a navbar which has the site name on the left and then some nav
links on the right ( for now the links are just text placeholders). The
site title font is larger than the nav link font and the two wont line
up on the row. It seems they are being lined up via their tops and not
their bases.

.
.
.
.
.
.

and css

* {
  padding: 0px;
  margin: 0px;
}

h1 {
  font-family:"Georgia,serif";
  font-size: 4em;
}
h2 { font-size: 2.5em;}
h3 {font-size: 1.5em;}
p {font-size: 1.1em;}

body {
  font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
  font-size: 80%;
  background: #339120  ;
}

#header {
  color:white;

        }
  #site-title {
    float: left;
    width: 30%;
  }

  #user-links {
    float: right;
    width: 69%;
    text-align: right;
  }

can anyone tell me where im going wrong on this?
Sumanth K. (Guest)
few quick tips:

all headers by default would add some padding and this would result in
text
moving to top.

 Another best way for you to debug such simple issues are, to install
few
addons.
On firefox you can very well use:

   - Firebug:  *https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843*

   - Web-developer tool bar
   http://sumanthtechsavvy.blogspot.com/2006/04/mozil...

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Adam A. <

> .
>
> }
> #header {
>    width: 69%;
>    text-align: right;
>  }
>

> can anyone tell me where im going wrong on this?
> --

Thanks & Regards,
Sumanth Krishna. A
+358 40 3276564

Blogs:
                        TwinclingCommunity:

http://sumanthtechsavvy.blogspot.com/
         http://www.twincling.org/node/227

http://yourway2health.blogspot.com/
           http://www.osef.twincling.org
Jeremy W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-11 17:30
This isn't a rails issue, so you probably won't find much help.

You have a couple of "no no"s in your css to start.

I am going to recommend some books for you

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/cssdesign1/

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596518776/

~Jeremy