Forum: GNU Radio Re: Spectrum_sense of a smaller banwidth

David Adrian (Guest)
Thank you for the replies Eric!

1.You
said about using file_sink , but in my case I do not think that will
work because I need to make real time precessing of the signal. If I
use files it will take to long.
2. My theses is about simulating
the acquisition of 2 signals (co-polar and cross-polar ) from a
satellite (10.7 Mhz) and estimate their amplitudes and relative phase.
So the first thing I am trying to do is to estimate the co-polar having
an SNR of 14 db and the power about 10dbm. To do that I have set the
NCO 10.7Mhz, and decim_rate to 256 in order to bring the signal to its
base-band and I was thinking of creating a loop of let's say 10 times
in which we acquire  256 or 512 samples using a window, perform the fft
and from here to extract the maximum power bin and it's frquency,
perform an avarage on this powers and the display the result in a
window.

I got stucked on this for almost 2 weeks.:(

Thank you
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 06:45:02AM -0700, David Adrian wrote:
> an SNR of 14 db and the power about 10dbm. To do that I have set the
> NCO 10.7Mhz, and decim_rate to 256 in order to bring the signal to its
> base-band and I was thinking of creating a loop of let's say 10 times
> in which we acquire  256 or 512 samples using a window, perform the fft
> and from here to extract the maximum power bin and it's frquency,
> perform an avarage on this powers and the display the result in a
> window.
>
> I got stucked on this for almost 2 weeks.:(
>
> Thank you

Try looking up "carrier tracking" on line or in a good digital
communications textbook.
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/SuggestedReading

Eric