Forum: Ruby on Rails NoMethodError for select_tag

(Guest)
Hello there.  I am following a tutorial with rails 2.1 and I have come
across a problem where

<%= f.label :artist_id %><br />
    <%= f.select_tag(:artist_id, options_for_select([['choose one',
'']] + @artists.collect {|art| [art.name, art.id]}, @album.artist_id))
%> (Old artist info:<%= @album.artist_old%>)

gives

undefined method `select_tag' for #<ActionView::Helpers::FormBuilder:
0x21f86f8>

however, when I just do a select, I can get a drop down menu that is
just much uglier
 <option value =3>Coldplay</option> ect...

Any suggestions?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 11, 3:06 am, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
> undefined method `select_tag' for #<ActionView::Helpers::FormBuilder:
> 0x21f86f8>

select_tag just doesn't exist as a method on form builder. Either use
f.select / f.collection_select or use a bare select_tag.

Fred