Forum: Ruby on Rails Phusion Passenger Installation Problem

elle (Guest)
Hello,

I am trying to install Passenger on Mac OS 10.5 but running:
% sudo gem install passenger
gives me:

Error installing passenger:
        invalid gem format for /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/cache/
passenger-2.0.6.gem

I don't remember having problems with other gems. Would anyone know
what the problem is?

Thanks,
Elle
Charles J. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:21 AM, elle <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> I don't remember having problems with other gems. Would anyone know
> what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
> Elle

What version of rubygems are you using?
Cheers--

Charles
Bob M. (Guest)
I would check your rubygems version and then also ask in the Passenger
group as well.
elle (Guest)
% gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.2.2, 1.3.6)
actionpack (2.2.2, 1.13.6)
actionwebservice (1.2.6)
activerecord (2.2.2, 1.15.6)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2, 1.4.4)
acts_as_ferret (0.4.3, 0.4.1)
brynary-webrat (0.4.0)
capistrano (2.5.4, 2.0.0)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
columnize (0.3.0)
daemons (1.0.10, 1.0.9)
dnssd (0.7.0, 0.6.0)
fastercsv (1.4.0)
fastthread (1.0.1)
fcgi (0.8.7)
ferret (0.11.6, 0.11.4)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
highline (1.5.0, 1.2.9)
hoe (1.8.3)
hpricot (0.6.164, 0.6)
libxml-ruby (0.9.8, 0.3.8.4)
linecache (0.43)
liquid (1.9.0)
mislav-will_paginate (2.3.7)
mongrel (1.1.5, 1.1.4)
mysql (2.7)
needle (1.3.0)
net-scp (1.0.2)
net-sftp (2.0.2, 1.1.0)
net-ssh (2.0.10, 1.1.2)
net-ssh-gateway (1.0.1)
nokogiri (1.1.1)
rack (0.9.1)
radiant (0.7.1)
rails (2.2.2, 1.2.6)
rake (0.8.3, 0.7.3)
RedCloth (4.1.1, 3.0.4)
rspec (1.1.12)
rspec-rails (1.1.12)
ruby-debug (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-openid (2.1.4, 1.1.4)
ruby-yadis (0.3.4)
rubyforge (1.0.2)
rubygems-update (1.3.1)
rubynode (0.1.5, 0.1.3)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4, 1.2.1)
termios (0.9.4)
tzinfo (0.3.12)

I am using ruby 1.8.6. Going to upgrade to latest now as well.
Tom Z Meinlschmidt (Guest)
Bob M. wrote:
>> Error installing passenger:
>>         invalid gem format for /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/cache/
>> passenger-2.0.6.gem
>>
>> I don't remember having problems with other gems. Would anyone know
>> what the problem is?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Elle

try to update gem itself
gem update --system

tom

Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

www.meinlschmidt.com  www.maxwellrender.cz  www.lightgems.cz