Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Btrieve, it's possible?

Anyel B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-10 00:55
Hi guys! Sorry, but i don't write very good in english, anyway, let's
go.

I work in a company that uses a ERP software with Btrieve Database, can
i (it's possible) building a webapplication to access this data on
btrieve? Only queries and reports.

PS: I never worked with Ruby, just ASP and .Net.

Thanks.
Phlip (Guest)
Anyel Black wrote:
> Hi guys! Sorry, but i don't write very good in english, anyway, let's
> go.
>
> I work in a company that uses a ERP software with Btrieve Database, can
> i (it's possible) building a webapplication to access this data on
> btrieve? Only queries and reports.
>
> PS: I never worked with Ruby, just ASP and .Net.

Google only gives 10 hits for [ruby btrieve]...

This might work:

  - oledb (odbc) -> dao -> ruby

Or you might shell to a command line program that reads Btrieve and
writes a
tab-delimited text file format, then read that and use it.

--
   Phlip
Anyel B. (Guest)
Phlip wrote:
> Anyel Black wrote:
>> Hi guys! Sorry, but i don't write very good in english, anyway, let's
>> go.
>>
>> I work in a company that uses a ERP software with Btrieve Database, can
>> i (it's possible) building a webapplication to access this data on
>> btrieve? Only queries and reports.
>>
>> PS: I never worked with Ruby, just ASP and .Net.
>
> Google only gives 10 hits for [ruby btrieve]...
>
> This might work:
>
>   - oledb (odbc) -> dao -> ruby
>
> Or you might shell to a command line program that reads Btrieve and
> writes a
> tab-delimited text file format, then read that and use it.
>
> --
>    Phlip

I'll try. If I have problems, I will ask for help in forum, again.

Thanku, Phlip.