Forum: Ruby on Rails Error running new app - CGI::Session::CookieStore::TamperedWithCookie in BookController#index

CG (Guest)
Yes I am a very newbie to Ruby on Rails. Just few hours back
installed

- Ruby 1.8.6 (on windows XP)
- Installed MySQL
- installed Rails 2.2.2 (using gem "gem install rails")
- created a sample application following the OnLamp article advice
("rails demo") (article link -
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rail...
)
- changed the default database to be used as MySQL using ( "rails demo
-d mysql")
- started WEBrick ("ruby script/server")
- Created a new controller ( "ruby script/generate controller Book")

When I try to use the root url http://localhost:3000/  I see the
defualt page correctly .. but when I try to http://localhost:3000/Book
and I get an error page:

CGI::Session::CookieStore::TamperedWithCookie in BookController#index

CGI::Session::CookieStore::TamperedWithCookie

Response

Headers:

{"cookie"=>[],
 "Content-Type"=>"",
 "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}

I have no clue what is going on.. please HELP. I am completely
blocked.

Thanks,
CG
Mukul Jain (Guest)
While playing around to setup my rails to use my MySQL ..now.. I get
following :

C:/LearnWeb20/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/c
onnection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:38: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11) [i386-mswin32]

way.

WEBrick crashes... I just installed the mysql gem package thats it.

CG
Juanma Cabello (Guest)
I got that exception yesterday. I only did "Empty cache" of Safari and
works...

--
Juanma Cabello
Applications Developer