Forum: GNU Radio How can I set mux for two daughterboards(rfx 400 and rfx 2400) receiving simultaneously?

Ling H. (Guest)
I set:
usrp.source(nchan=2)
set.mux(0x32103210)
di=gr.deinterleave(gr.sizeof_gr_complex)
self.connect( self.u, di )
self.connect( (di,0), self.chan0_filt, self.packet_receiver0 )
self.connect( (di,1), self.chan1_filt, self.packet_receiver1 )

The  self.packet_receiver0 and self.packet_receiver1 separately call two
functions.
But the two functions do not been called. What wrong did I make? Did I
set
the wrong mux? The daughterboards are rfx 400 and rfx 2400.
On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 12:22:50AM -0700, Ling H. wrote:
> functions.
> But the two functions do not been called. What wrong did I make? Did I set
> the wrong mux? The daughterboards are rfx 400 and rfx 2400.

This appears to be the right mux setting.

With regard to whether or not your self.packet_receiver0 and 1 blocks
are calling some other function, I can't really help.  I assume that
their work methods are getting called.  You can confirm this by adding
a printf.

Eric
Ling H. (Guest)
<This appears to be the right mux setting.
<
<With regard to whether or not your self.packet_receiver0 and 1 blocks
<are calling some other function, I can't really help.  I assume that
<their work methods are getting called.  You can confirm this by adding

Hi Eric,
The mux should be 0x2301, but not 0x3210.
It now works fine.

Eric B. wrote:

> their work methods are getting called.  You can confirm this by adding

William S. (Guest)
on 2009-05-12 03:52
Ling H. wrote:
> set.mux(0x32103210)

Dude, how do you calculate the Mux value you need?

For instance what's the maths behind calculating the mux for two RFX2400
daughterboards?
Ling H. (Guest)
Hi, I just try many times :(
finaly I use a tool from a old version of grc called usrp probe, It gave
the
mux value of each daughterboard, so I just mix the two values.
I think the mux value for two rfx2400 should also be 0x2301