Forum: Ruby on Rails Sending multiple checkboxes values clicking a link

Juan K. (Guest)
I have multiple checkboxes in a table each one representing an item.
They are like this:

[...]
[...]

In the controller I have:

    incidencias_ids = params[:incidencias_ids]
    @incidencias = []
    for id in incidencias_ids
      @incidencias << Incidencia.find_by_id(id)
    end

I think this is enough to send all the checked checkboxes and manipulate
them.
But I don't know how to send all the checkboxes to the controller! I
know how to do it with link_to_remote but the answer is not displayed...

How I can do this with link_to? Another way?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 7 Mar 2009, at 18:45, Juan K. wrote:

> Hi,
> I have multiple checkboxes in a table each one representing an item.
> They are like this:
>
> [...]
> [...]

Try check_box_tag "incidencias_ids[]", incidencia.id

There's more about why this works (ie what the [] are about) in the
guide on form helpers at guides.rubyonrails.org.

Fred