Forum: Ruby on Rails i cannt able to save the data.???

haneef5k (Guest)
<h2><b>ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in PublicController#create </b></
h2>

Mysql::Error: Unknown column 'albums.artist' in 'where clause': SELECT
* FROM `albums`   WHERE (albums.artist IS NULL)  LIMIT 1
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 7, 5:57 pm, haneef5k <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> <h2><b>ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in PublicController#create </b></
> h2>
>
> Mysql::Error: Unknown column 'albums.artist' in 'where clause': SELECT
> * FROM `albums`   WHERE (albums.artist IS NULL)  LIMIT 1

Hard to say without more information about what you're doing (but
here's a guess for free: either you mispellt a column name or you
haven't run a migration (or you edited a migration after you ran it))

Fred
haneef5k (Guest)
Thank for ur reply....!! im new to ruby on rails,,im learning by video
tutorial.
wat im try to say is if i save the data by album its not redirecting
to the page..??

On Mar 7, 10:59 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
haneef5k (Guest)
can u tell me as details..?? abt migration...?? and actully im doing
online music_library...
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 7 Mar 2009, at 18:10, haneef5k wrote:

> can u tell me as details..?? abt migration...?? and actully im doing
> online music_library...

Not really. All I can tell from what you've said is that you're trying
to do something with a column that doesn't exist (and there not much
that can be said unless you can share more information about what you
are doing (database schemas, models etc.)

Fred
haneef5k (Guest)
Now i do some changes in my music_library now its so.,

NoMethodError in PublicController#update
undefined method `artist' for #<Album:0x2c1db60>

On Mar 7, 11:24 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>