Forum: GNU Radio usrp_wfm_rcv2_nogui.py

Jordan H. (Guest)
Has this been updated lately?

I tried running it and got an error on this line:

    ok, baseband_freq = self.subdev.set_freq(mid_freq);

There's no use of a variable "ok" anywhere, so that kind of looks like
some English crept in there :-)  Taking "ok, " out gets me further
along.  But then this line:

    dxc_freq, inverted = usrp.calc_dxc_freq(f[n], baseband_freq,
        self.u_converter_rate())

gives me an error:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'calc_dxc_freq'

... so maybe some things have changed since the last time this example
ran?

I'm running the trunk on Ubuntu 8.10 ...

Thanks,

/jordan
Jordan H. (Guest)
>    dxc_freq, inverted = usrp.calc_dxc_freq(f[n], baseband_freq,
>        self.u_converter_rate())
>
> gives me an error:
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'calc_dxc_freq'

Ok, I see the code for this in usrp/host/lib/legacy/usrp_standard.cc but

    % find . -name \*.py | xargs grep calc_dxc

gives no output except the example.

It looks like this function used to be in gnuradio/gr-usrp/src/usrp.py
but has now migrated to C++ ... but isn't referenced in the swig .i
file?

Thanks,

/jordan
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Jordan H.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> It looks like this function used to be in gnuradio/gr-usrp/src/usrp.py but
> has now migrated to C++ ... but isn't referenced in the swig .i file?

You're right, this was code that was rewritten in C++, but adding it
back to the Python API via SWIG was overlooked.   I'll add it to my
queue.

Thanks for the bug report.

Johnathan