Forum: Ruby on Rails Different database for different domains

Konstantin (Guest)
Hello!
1.
I have 2 domains site1.com and site2.com. The same application is
installed on both, but I need it to use different database:
db1 for site1.com and db2 for site2.com
How can I do this?
2.
And another question about subdomains.
Usually I use something like that:
link_to 'Link title', :sort => 'soft_field' - and this produces a link
to the current url with additonal ?sort=sort_field parameter:
http://site1.com/controller/?sort=-sort_field
But this doesn't work on subdomains when I use subdomain fu, I get
something like that:
http:///controller/?sort=-sort_field
What is wrong here and how can I corrent this?

Thanks!
Konstantin (Guest)
> 2.
> And another question about subdomains.
> Usually I use something like that:
> link_to 'Link title', :sort => 'soft_field' - and this produces a link
> to the current url with additonal ?sort=sort_field
parameter:http://site1.com/controller/?sort=-sort_field
> But this doesn't work on subdomains when I use subdomain fu, I get
> something like that:
> http:///controller/?sort=-sort_field
> What is wrong here and how can I corrent this?

This problem was resolved by hacking subdomain_fu as it's described in
this post:
http://www.portallabs.com/blog/2008/10/22/fixing-s...

But I still don't know how to use different databases for different
domains. Any help is highly appreciated.
Konstantin (Guest)
The first question remains, please, give me a key to resolve the
issue.
Currently I see only one way:
symlink all files from one domain to another except /config folder,
and put custom /config to every domain.
But there should be more elegant solution!
Ar C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-09 15:33
Haven't done it myself, but have you looked at
ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection?

If you can establish model-specific connections, you should be able to
establish a specific connection for a specific subdomain.
Konstantin (Guest)
On 9 ÜÐà, 16:33, Ar Chron <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Haven't done it myself, but have you looked at
> ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection?
>
> If you can establish model-specific connections, you should be able to
> establish a specific connection for a specific subdomain.

Okay, thanks!
The main problem is that I don't know where to put a code for re-
defining database connection.
Should it be somewhere in initializers? Will I have an access to host
name there?
Also, I have some parameters in config/enviroments/production.rb and
they should be changed for another domain too