Forum: Ruby on Rails counter cache problem

pankaj (Guest)
Here is the problem
There is a gallery model and image model
gallery has many images
gallery has images_count.

When I change image from one gallery to another i have to update the
counter cache(It does not happen automatically on doing
gallery2.images << image).
So i do
gallery1.images_count -= 1
gallery2.images_count += 1
gallery1.save
gallery2.save

but this still does not update the count of the images

when i see the log files, the update queries are fired, but they
update only the updated_at column and not the images_count column.
The same thing works when done through console.
Can any one explain why this is happening?

Regards,
Pankaj
Billy H. (Guest)
Gallery.rb
has_many :images, :counter_cache => true

--
Only two surfaces of a box:
http://blog.pixnet.net/zusocfc