Forum: RSpec Shared behaviors in Cucumber?

Sebastian W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-07 01:03
Hello RSpec group, is there a way to do RSpec-style shared behaviors in
Cucumber? Or something similar?
Matt W. (Guest)
You have Background in the new 0.2 version (not released yet) which
lets you specify some Given steps for all the scenarios in a feature.

Other than that there's the super-steps, which also give you really
nice re-use:
http://blog.mattwynne.net/2008/11/14/dry-up-your-c...

On 6 Mar 2009, at 23:03, Sebastian W. wrote:

> Hello RSpec group, is there a way to do RSpec-style shared behaviors
> in
> Cucumber? Or something similar?
> --

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Ben M. (Guest)
Matt W. wrote:
> You have Background in the new 0.2 version (not released yet) which
> lets you specify some Given steps for all the scenarios in a feature.
>
> Other than that there's the super-steps, which also give you really
> nice re-use:
> http://blog.mattwynne.net/2008/11/14/dry-up-your-c...

Plus you can use Scenario Outlines to DRY up similar scenarios:
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/scen...

-Ben
Matt W. (Guest)
On 6 Mar 2009, at 23:35, Ben M. wrote:

> -Ben

*slaps forehead* thanks Ben - I missed the big hitter!

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com