Forum: Ruby on Rails routes.rb problem

Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 16:39
I am having problem with routes.rb

I want to access same page using two different url's for that i had done
following in routes.rb
1]   map.connect 'projects/:project_id/issues/:action', :controller =>
'issues'
so when my url is
http://localhost:3000/projects/xyz/issues/new

i access the new.rhtml page of a issue controller

what i want that when i write simply

http://localhost:3000/issues/new it should render me to the action new
of a issues controller.

i try something like this in routes.rb

map.connect 'issues/:action', :controller => 'issues', :action=>'new'

and then restart the server but it doesn't works....
Bob M. (Guest)
Why not just map.resources :issues and go from there? That is a
RESTful resource, right?

On Mar 6, 8:39 am, Salil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
tomrossi7 (Guest)
Where does the application take you when you go to /issues/new?  You
can always comment out other routes until you find the one that is
causing the conflict...
--Tom

On Mar 6, 9:39 am, Salil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Bob M. (Guest)
Can you show us your rake routes to see what you have defined?
sahil (Guest)
On Mar 6, 7:39 pm, Salil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I am having problem with routes.rb
>
> I want to access same page using two different url's for that i had done
> following in routes.rb
> 1]   map.connect 'projects/:project_id/issues/:action', :controller =>
> 'issues'

you should always use.. RESTful routes.. instead of above try this:

map.resources :projects, :has_many => :issues
Sarah A. (Guest)
on 2009-03-08 05:53
Salil G. wrote:
> i try something like this in routes.rb
>
> map.connect 'issues/:action', :controller => 'issues', :action=>'new'
>
> and then restart the server but it doesn't works....

Try this in irb
>> rts = ActionController::Routing::Routes
>> rts.recognize_path("issues/new")

and it'll return the route that maps to it

This and other cool tips in a nice tutorial by Daryn Holmes:
http://darynholmes.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/beginn...

Sarah