Forum: Ruby calling same page using two url with the help of routes.rb

Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 14:37
I want to access same page using two different url's for that i had done
following in routes.rb
1]   map.connect 'projects/:project_id/issues/:action', :controller =>
'issues'
so when my url is
http://localhost:3000/projects/xyz/issues/new

i access the new.rhtml page of a issue controller

what i want that when i write simply

http://localhost:3000/issues/new it should render me to the action new
of a issues controller.

i try something like this in routes.rb

map.connect 'issues/:action', :controller => 'issues', :action=>'new'

and then restart the server but it doesn't works....
lasitha (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Salil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I want to access same page using two different url's for that i had done
> following in routes.rb

Hello Salil.  You're unlikely to get any help on this list because its
a plain Ruby list.  Please try the rails-talk list:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3

Cheers,
lasitha
Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 16:38
lasitha wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Salil G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> I want to access same page using two different url's for that i had done
>> following in routes.rb
>
> Hello Salil.  You're unlikely to get any help on this list because its
> a plain Ruby list.  Please try the rails-talk list:
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3
>
> Cheers,
> lasitha

Thanx lasitha