Forum: Ruby How to kill processes by it's name?

Jun Y. Kim (Guest)
hi forks..

as I mentioned it by mail title, How I can kill processes by it's name?

Are there some libraries for this function in ruby?

thanks for all.
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Jun Y. Kim
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> hi forks..
>
> as I mentioned it by mail title, How I can kill processes by it's name?
>
> Are there some libraries for this function in ruby?
>
> thanks for all.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but you could use a
system call to pkill

Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com