Forum: RSpec have_tag + quantity - question

Mateusz W. (Guest)
Greetings,

Is there a way to check quantity of tags?

Something like this:

response.should have_tag('div').quantity(4)

Thanks.
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM, MAwiniarski
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to check quantity of tags?
>
> Something like this:
>
> response.should have_tag('div').quantity(4)

response.should have_tag('div', 4)

Check the assert_select docs (have_tag wraps it) at
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionControlle...

Cheers,
David
Mark W. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:40 AM, MAwiniarski
wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to check quantity of tags?
>
> Something like this:
>
> response.should have_tag('div').quantity(4)

Another great resource is
http://labnotes.org/svn/public/ruby/rails_plugins/...

///ark
Stephen E. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:55 AM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM, MAwiniarski <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> Is there a way to check quantity of tags?
>
> response.should have_tag('div', 4)

Ooh!  Thank you; I wish I'd known that before.  All this time I've
been using annoyingly complicated xpath tests:

Then /^I should see (\d+) people$/ do |num|
  response.should
have_xpath("//*[count(*[contains(@class,'person')])=#{num}]")

Have Fun,
   Steve E. (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
   http://www.escapepod.org
Pat N. (Guest)
I've posted it on this list before, but if you're writing view tests,
check
out Elementor:
http://pivotallabs.com/users/patn/blog/articles/60....
It provides a much cleaner way of asserting on markup, and doesn't
require
you to litter your expectations with CSS selectors.
Mateusz W. (Guest)
Thanks.