Forum: GNU Radio Import Error undefined symbol :in gnuradio examples on usrp

Ashwin R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 01:10
hi,

when i try connecting usrp and then run some examples i always get this
import error, I have attached the error log below. I have installed
gnuradio 3.1.3 on ubuntu 8.04 and have python 2.5 .  i tried finding abt
this error but didnt get anything similar. please help.

Error log:

root@warrior-laptop:/usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/usrp# python
usrp_wfm_rcv.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "usrp_wfm_rcv.py", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio import usrp
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line
26, in <module>
    from gnuradio import usrp1              # usrp Rev 1 and later
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line
6, in <module>
    import _usrp1
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN10usrp_basic22_write_fpga_reg_maskedEiii

i am a newbie to linux and GNU radio,
regards,
Ashwin R.
SJSU,
Comp. Engineering.
feldmaus (Guest)
Ashwin R. <lists <at> ruby-forum.com> writes:
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZN10usrp_basic22_write_fpga_reg_maskedEiii

Maybe the script doesn't work for you. There are some scripts which
are not really good programmed. Or you need some special environments.

Try another one or modify it.

Regards Markus
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Ashwin R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> when i try connecting usrp and then run some examples i always get this
> import error, I have attached the error log below. I have installed
> gnuradio 3.1.3 on ubuntu 8.04 and have python 2.5 .  i tried finding abt
> this error but didnt get anything similar. please help.

> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZN10usrp_basic22_write_fpga_reg_maskedEiii

This is typically a result of not having run ldconfig.  Did you follow
the instructions in our Wiki for installing on Ubuntu?

The script you are trying to run works fine once installation is
completed correctly, unlike what someone else told you.

Johnathan
Ashwin R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-08 06:24
Johnathan C. wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Ashwin R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> when i try connecting usrp and then run some examples i always get this
>> import error, I have attached the error log below. I have installed
>> gnuradio 3.1.3 on ubuntu 8.04 and have python 2.5 . �i tried finding abt
>> this error but didnt get anything similar. please help.
>
>> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
>> undefined symbol: _ZN10usrp_basic22_write_fpga_reg_maskedEiii
>
> This is typically a result of not having run ldconfig.  Did you follow
> the instructions in our Wiki for installing on Ubuntu?
>
> The script you are trying to run works fine once installation is
> completed correctly, unlike what someone else told you.
>
> Johnathan

yes i have exactly followed the instruction,
i first installed all the required packages,
then installed  boost , and then installed gnu radio as per instructions
but the thing is i had a  gnuradio installation before which wasnt
working i had forced removed that directory,
also when i do lsusrp now it gives error command not found?/

i also have a question , which OS Ubuntu8.04 or Fedora 10 will be good
for working on implementing TDMA MAC in GNU radio.

Ashwin.
Brian P. (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Ashwin R.
wrote:
> yes i have exactly followed the instruction,
> i first installed all the required packages,
> then installed  boost , and then installed gnu radio as per instructions
> but the thing is i had a  gnuradio installation before which wasnt
> working i had forced removed that directory,
> also when i do lsusrp now it gives error command not found?/

Did you read:

    http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/ReportingErrors#Building

It is a little bothersome that you said you "forced removed that
directory" as if that was your uninstall procedure?

You may want to re-visit that step.

Brian