Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails UI widgets

Bharat R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 18:56
Are there any popular plugins/gems for creating/generating rails UI
elements such as navigation, progress bar, forms, tabular displays etc?
Seems like I am doing that over and over again and differently each
time?
Let me clarify my question: while everyone is free to choose whatever
they want for authentication, it seems like most people use
Restful_authentication plugin.  Similarly, are there any such popular
plugins/gems for Rails driven UI?
Thanks for your time.
Bharat
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 00:16
Bharat R. wrote:
> Are there any popular plugins/gems for creating/generating rails UI
> elements such as navigation, progress bar, forms, tabular displays etc?
> Seems like I am doing that over and over again and differently each
> time?
> Let me clarify my question: while everyone is free to choose whatever
> they want for authentication, it seems like most people use
> Restful_authentication plugin.  Similarly, are there any such popular
> plugins/gems for Rails driven UI?
> Thanks for your time.
> Bharat

Humm. This is a tough one. People have vastly different preferences
here. Rails, by default, includes Prototype/Script.aculo.us, but people
are using a wide range of libraries including jQuery, Dojo, YUI.

I get the feeling that the Rails team isn't terribly interested in
making this particular decision for you like they do in so many areas.
In fact the trend is going the other way. Making it easier to choose
what you like. Read up on Rails 3.0 and I'll see what I'm getting at.
Jeff S. (Guest)
Robert W. wrote:
> Read up on Rails 3.0 and I'll see what I'm getting at.

It supports reflection?