Forum: RSpec where does cucumber.yml live?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
John S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 16:21
Where do I put cucumber.yml? I can't find anything mentioned in the
documentation.

Thanks

John S.
David C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 16:47
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM, John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
> Where do I put cucumber.yml? I can't find anything mentioned in the
> documentation.

In the project root (or wherever you're typing commands from).

Cheers,
David
John S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 17:43
David C. wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM, John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Where do I put cucumber.yml? I can't find anything mentioned in the
>> documentation.
>
> In the project root (or wherever you're typing commands from).
>
> Cheers,
> David

Ok, I tried config and features to no avail, I guess that's the only
option left

Is this documented anywhere, or are people expected to just know it?

Ta

John S.
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 19:03
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM, John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
> Where do I put cucumber.yml? I can't find anything mentioned in the
> documentation.
>

Here it is:
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...

Aslak
unknown (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 19:14
(Received via mailing list)
----- Original Message ----
> From: John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
[David:]
> > In the project root (or wherever you're typing commands from).

> Is this documented anywhere, or are people expected to just know it?

I added the information to the wiki in one or two places, having been
bitten by the same expectation you had, and having read through the code
that seeks out that file.

I think it should look in places named in the options, plus the config/
directory, personally.  The config directory is where I'd want to put
it, but not every project in the world is a rails project, so I add a
grain of salt to that impulse.

Randy
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 19:24
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:43 PM, John S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
> Ok, I tried config and features to no avail, I guess that's the only
> option left
>
> Is this documented anywhere, or are people expected to just know it?
>

You didn't read the mail I sent 20 minutes ago?

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...

Aslak
Aslak H. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 19:39
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM,  <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Is this documented anywhere, or are people expected to just know it?
>
> I added the information to the wiki in one or two places, having been bitten by the same 
expectation you had, and having read through the code that seeks out that file.
>
> I think it should look in places named in the options, plus the config/ directory, 
personally.  The config directory is where I'd want to put it, but not every project in 
the world is a rails project, so I add a grain of salt to that impulse.
>

Randy, John: You really don't read my responses, do you? Or is there
some gmail lag issue going on here?

Aslak
David C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 19:49
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:55 AM, aslak hellesoy
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I tried config and features to no avail, I guess that's the only
>> option left
>>
>> Is this documented anywhere, or are people expected to just know it?
>>
>
> You didn't read the mail I sent 20 minutes ago?
>
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...

Since ppl are having a hard time finding this, I added
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cucumberyml, which
references
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn....
I also changed the header of the relevant section to "Defining
‘profiles’ in cucumber.yml"

Should be easy to find now.

Cheers,
David
unknown (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 20:17
(Received via mailing list)
Aslak:

> some gmail lag issue going on here?


Not sure who's causing the lag, but yeah.

My hope was to help in a way that I could, freeing the "big guns" to
focus on things I'm less suited for at this moment.

Randy
Mark W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 23:00
(Received via mailing list)
That reminds me: Was there a reason for using <file>:<line> to run a
feature at a line instead of spec's -l <line> ?

///ark
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 00:21
(Received via mailing list)
Mark W. wrote:
> That reminds me: Was there a reason for using <file>:<line> to run a
> feature at a line instead of spec's -l <line> ?
>
> ///ark
> _______________________________________________
> rspec-users mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/rspec-users
>
I think it was to keep in line with how Cucumber outputs the backtrace
in the CLI.  So you can simply copy and paste the line from the output
to run just that one scenario.

I actually much prefer the concise notation and I would like to see
RSpec adopt it.

-Ben
Joseph W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 00:33
(Received via mailing list)
Ben M. wrote:
> I think it was to keep in line with how Cucumber outputs the backtrace
> in the CLI.  So you can simply copy and paste the line from the output
> to run just that one scenario.
>
> I actually much prefer the concise notation and I would like to see
> RSpec adopt it.
>
Exactly as Ben said. In addition it was also used as it made it nicer
when running multiple lines in the same file

file:10:11:14:15

--
Joseph W.
http://blog.josephwilk.net
David C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 00:49
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Ben M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
>>
>
> I think it was to keep in line with how Cucumber outputs the backtrace in
> the CLI.  So you can simply copy and paste the line from the output to run
> just that one scenario.
>
> I actually much prefer the concise notation and I would like to see RSpec
> adopt it.

I agree. RSpec will adopt it as soon as it receives your patch :)
Mark W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 02:36
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
>>
>> I actually much prefer the concise notation and I would like to see RSpec
>> adopt it.
>
> I agree. RSpec will adopt it as soon as it receives your patch :)

That would be great. I've been used to seeing the colon notation for a
quarter of a century. :)

///ark
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 03:09
(Received via mailing list)
David C. wrote:
>>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>
> I agree. RSpec will adopt it as soon as it receives your patch :)
>

I really need to stop suggesting things on this list...  :)
David C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 04:05
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Ben M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
>>>>
>>> run
>>> just that one scenario.
>>>
>>> I actually much prefer the concise notation and I would like to see RSpec
>>> adopt it.
>>>
>>
>> I agree. RSpec will adopt it as soon as it receives your patch :)
>>
>
> I really need to stop suggesting things on this list...  :)

:)
Gayle C. (Guest)
on 2012-01-07 00:49
David C. wrote in post #790531:
>> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...
>
> Since ppl are having a hard time finding this, I added
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cucumberyml, which
> references
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn....


I know this post is from a few years ago, and so these
links are broken now.  Any updated links have the same information?
Justin Ko (Guest)
on 2012-01-07 01:19
(Received via mailing list)
On Jan 6, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Gayle C. wrote:

> links are broken now.  Any updated links have the same information?
>
> --
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> _______________________________________________
> rspec-users mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/rspec-users

All I see is links to Cucumber. Maybe try the Cucumber mailing list?
Ash M. (Guest)
on 2012-01-07 01:33
(Received via mailing list)
On 6 Jan 2012, at 23:03, Justin Ko wrote:

> All I see is links to Cucumber. Maybe try the Cucumber mailing list?

I'm curious - why after all these years do so many Cucumber-related
issues still get posted on the RSpec list? Is there an outdated FAQ
lurking somewhere?

Ash

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashmoran
George Dinwiddie (Guest)
on 2012-01-07 02:52
(Received via mailing list)
Gayle,

I've set a reply-to pointing to the cucumber list. I'd advise going to
http://groups.google.com/group/cukes and joining that list.

On 1/6/12 5:49 PM, Gayle C. wrote:
> links are broken now.  Any updated links have the same information?
https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/cucumber.yml
https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Running-Features

  - George

--
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
   * George Dinwiddie *                      http://blog.gdinwiddie.com
   Software Development                    http://www.idiacomputing.com
   Consultant and Coach                    http://www.agilemaryland.org
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.