Forum: JRuby calling jruby from scala as a scripting engine ( jsr 223 )

Meredith Gregory (Guest)
Rubyans and Scalahads,

i'm attempting to call JRuby as a scripting engine from scala. It should
work more or less as in the wiki example for calling JRuby as scripting
engine from Java <http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/Java_Integration>. Here's
the
code <http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106544/> i'm using for testing.
However, i
can't get either (Scala or Java) to work because of versioning issues.
If i
use the org.apache.bsf jar for jsr 223 scripting and org.jruby
jruby-complete jar for jruby, then no combination of versions (bsf
3.1beta -
3.2beta x 1.1.2 - 1.1.6) does not produce a problem with the parse
method
used by eval. Here's a stacktrace of the exception that's
thrown<http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106542/>.
If i use the org.livetribe jar for jsr 223, then no combination with the
org.jruby jars does not produce a classfile version problem. Here's a
stacktrace for that <http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106573/> . Examples of
the
maven depends i'm using for jsr 223 and jruby are
here<http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106574/>
.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

--greg

--
L.G. Meredith
Managing Partner

+1 206.650.3740

http://biosimilarity.blogspot.com
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Meredith Gregory wrote:
> problem with the parse method used by eval. Here's a stacktrace of the
> exception that's thrown <http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106542/>. If i use
> the org.livetribe jar for jsr 223, then no combination with the
> org.jruby jars does not produce a classfile version problem. Here's a
> stacktrace for that <http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106573/> . Examples of
> the maven depends i'm using for jsr 223 and jruby are here
> <http://paste.pocoo.org/show/106574/>.

Can you try against JRuby 1.2RC1? I think we cleaned up a few issues
relating to BSF.

- Charlie

Charles,

Thanks for your note. i'll give that a whirl and let you know how it
goes.

Best wishes,

--greg

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Charles Oliver N. <