Forum: Radiant CMS Gallery 500 Error

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-04 18:06
I'm getting a 500 Error in my Gallery admin tab and the images don't
display on my site.

My gallery folder with all the images is still intact in "public".

Is there a way to clear everything and rebuild, but not lose the images?

I updated radiant and all my extensions over the weekend so both are
current, but I'm not sure when it broke.

Thanks for your help,

Ben
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-06 11:35
Ben M. wrote:
> I'm getting a 500 Error in my Gallery admin tab and the images don't
> display on my site.


Upon futher inspection in the production.log, I found:

ActionView::TemplateError (undefined method `parent' for
#<Array:0x2ba402816c40>) on line #3 of gallery_items/_item.html.erb:
1: <div class="item" id="item_<%= item.id %>">
2:   <%= item_label(item) %>
3:   <%= item_preview(item) %>
4:   <%= item_buttons(item) %>
5:   <div class="description" id="item_<%= item.id %>_description"
style="display:none;"><%= "#{item.description}" %></div>
6: </div>

Any ideas on how I could fix it?
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-08 23:07
I tried deleting the extension directory in "vendor" and re-installing
it, twice. This did not fix the problem.

The error message about "undefined method 'parent'" seems to point to
something in the gallery controller, but if it is working for everybody
else, that doesn't make much sense.

If any of you could shed some light on this, or give me something to
try, I would be extremely grateful.

To see what happens head over to http://www.artcrete.com/showcase/. The
images point to a link that contains the error message.
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-10 01:48
Well, I figured it out after banging my head on the desk a few times --
I had frozen the radiant install so it couldn't take advantage of the
new gem. Running the unfreeze task fixed it.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.