Forum: Ruby on Rails How to navigate to an external URL from a controller

Jacob Y. (Guest)
on 2009-03-04 17:37
I'm using restful_authentication plugin for my webapp. After everything
is setup properly, the user signup, login and logout can work without
any problem.
Now, I don't know how an external URL, such as
http://www.my-external-url.com, can be navigated to the moment a user
has successfully login.

For example, when I login successfully at http://localhost:3000/login,
it is automatically routed to the the Rails Welcome Aboard page. I don't
want that to happen. I want it to go to http://www.my-external-url.com.

Does anyone know how to do that? Appreciate if anyone can help.
Tom M (Guest)
config/routes.rb.  There are a ton of good resources out there about
routing in Rails in case you don't know much about how they work.

Tom

On Mar 4, 10:37 am, Jacob Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Jacob Y. (Guest)
on 2009-03-04 18:16
The resources are all about routing internally. If you know any
resources that can help me, please advise. I'm desperate..haha
Scott (Guest)
redirect_to 'http://my-external-site.com'

On Mar 4, 9:37 am, Jacob Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Jacob Y. (Guest)
on 2009-03-05 17:03
Thank you, Scott. It works! Just FYI, it's actually

Scott wrote:
> redirect_to 'http://my-external-site.com'
>
> On Mar 4, 9:37�am, Jacob Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Robby R. (Guest)
Actually... it's both ways. The parenthesis aren't required in ruby
when calling methods.

Robby

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Jacob Y.

Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon