Forum: Ruby on Rails how to get session values in rails 2.3

Sniper A. (Guest)
on 2009-03-04 13:01
in rails 2.3.0

DEPRECATION WARNING: Disabling sessions for a single controller has been
deprecated. Sessions are now lazy loaded. So if you don't access them,
consider them off. You can still modify the session cookie options with
request.session_options.. (called from
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:9)

how can i modify the session cookie options with request.session_options
?

urgent help
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 4 Mar 2009, at 11:01, Sniper A. wrote:

What it's telling you is that

class FooController
   session :off
end

is no longer necessary since sessions are not loaded unless accessed.
(and that you can set session options with
request.session_options['some_key']= 'some_value' (eg if you want to
change the expiry date)

Fred

> how can i modify the session cookie options with
> request.session_options
> ?
>
> urgent help

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent
Sniper A. (Guest)
on 2009-03-04 13:34
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 4 Mar 2009, at 11:01, Sniper A. wrote:
>
> What it's telling you is that
>
> class FooController
>    session :off
> end
>
> is no longer necessary since sessions are not loaded unless accessed.
> (and that you can set session options with
> request.session_options['some_key']= 'some_value' (eg if you want to
> change the expiry date)
>
> Fred

Thanks for ur reply

i created a new rails(2.3.0) project
  ActionController::Base.session_store = :active_record_store
at login (in session controller , create action)
session[:id]=current_user.id

after that
redirect_to :controller =>"home"

in debugger mode (at home controller ,index action)

Completed in 156ms (DB: 46) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/session/create]
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.0/lib/action_controller/base
.rb:1262
default_render unless performed?
(rdb:2) session
{}
(rdb:2) session[:id]
nil

>here one question, where is my session value ?

i searched arround net and i got
http://guides.rails.info/2_3_release_notes.html#ra...

there is a line like this
"Session stores are now lazy loaded. If you never access the session
object during a request, it will never attempt to load the session data
(parse the cookie, load the data from memcache, or lookup an Active
Record object)."

pls check that line
>If you never access the session object during a request, it will never attempt

i don't know how to get my session ?