Is there a built-in way to convert from snake_case to CamelCase?

Hi,

looking if I can use the internals better: is there a built-in
IronRuby way to convert “flow_layout_panel” to “FlowLayoutPanel” ? As
it’s used all over the place when calling methods, I thought that
maybe I could use it as well.

I’m currently using this which works well:

module Classifier
def classify(string)
string.gsub(/(^|_)(.)/) { $2.upcase } # simplified version of
Rails inflector

If I can remove some code though, I’m happy. Is the code to achieve
this accessible ?

– Thibaut

Well you can require activesupport
Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew P… He ported that
inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Thibaut Barrère

Hi Ivan,

Well you can require activesupport
Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew P… He ported that
inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET

The code I’m using is an extract from activesupport inflector. I
didn’t want to carry the whole dependency for the moment.

thanks for the pointer (Inflector.NET), I’ll have a look!

– Thibaut

I’ve added the inflector stuff to IronRuby MVC too. The only thing I
added
to the library was to make it all extension methods.
In IronNails I also pulled in the files from active support because I
didn’t
want to take the dependency atm.
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Thibaut Barrère

IronRuby has RubyUtils.MangleName/TryUnmangleName in
/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby/Runtime/RubyUtils.cs.

I’ve added the inflector stuff to IronRuby MVC too. The only thing I
added to the library was to make it all extension methods.
In IronNails I also pulled in the files from active support because I
didn’t want to take the dependency atm.
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Thibaut Barrère
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Well you can require activesupport
Or you can look at Inflector.NET from Andrew P… He ported that
inflection stuff from activesupport to .NET
The code I’m using is an extract from activesupport inflector. I
didn’t want to carry the whole dependency for the moment.

thanks for the pointer (Inflector.NET), I’ll have a look!

– Thibaut

maybe I could use it as well.
If I can remove some code though, I’m happy. Is the code to achieve
Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

Hi Jimmy,

IronRuby has RubyUtils.MangleName/TryUnmangleName in
/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Ruby/Runtime/RubyUtils.cs.

thanks for the hint.

– Thibaut